ThePRF.com Forum

The People's Republic of Football Forum
It is currently 9:16pm February 15, 2019

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New comics
PostPosted: 12:17pm July 25, 2018 

Have thanks: 1407 times
Xbox Live Gamertag: Mikeyboy42
I have new comic up on comixology. It's a short story that me and a friend did a while back for fun. For me it was a chance to try working all digital... which i hated and switched gears to paper and pen about half way through. Anyway once we got it done we decided to get it lettered and colored and put it out.....so here it is :) 99 cents.

Its decent. Its work. Some stuff I like, some lessons. Let me know what you think if you check it out.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

For this message the author mikeyboy has received thanks: 5 Adam (1:40pm July 30, 2018), daniel (9:05am August 1, 2018), JP (1:01pm July 25, 2018), Kevin (12:27pm July 25, 2018), Michael (12:55pm July 25, 2018)
 Post subject: Re: New comics
PostPosted: 1:49pm July 25, 2018 
Jedi Gumshoe Badass

Have thanks: 1173 times
Xbox Live Gamertag: WaterlooJL
PSN Network name: WaterlooJL
Fuuuuuuuuck yeah. On it.

I still have a hardcopy of your Bestselling Canadian Piracy Book that I'd get you to sign if I ever actually saw you.

PostPosted: 8:47am July 27, 2018 
Jedi Gumshoe Badass

Have thanks: 1173 times
Xbox Live Gamertag: WaterlooJL
PSN Network name: WaterlooJL
mikeyboy wrote:
I have new comic up on comixology. It's a short story that me and a friend did a while back for fun. For me it was a chance to try working all digital... which i hated and switched gears to paper and pen about half way through. Anyway once we got it done we decided to get it lettered and colored and put it out.....so here it is :) 99 cents.

Its decent. Its work. Some stuff I like, some lessons. Let me know what you think if you check it out.

That was good Mike. It's cool to see your stuff in a non-fantasy setting. How much of the story did you do? was this old school "Marvel style" where the artist basically did all the story and then the writer added the dialogue?
Spoiler:
I enjoyed the twist ending, the panel where they were listed by their eventual ranks was really good.

I also really liked the composition of this frame:
Spoiler:
Attachment:
IMG_0022.PNG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 7:35pm July 29, 2018 

Have thanks: 1407 times
Xbox Live Gamertag: Mikeyboy42
Ethan wrote:
mikeyboy wrote:

That was good Mike. It's cool to see your stuff in a non-fantasy setting. How much of the story did you do? was this old school "Marvel style" where the artist basically did all the story and then the writer added the dialogue?
Spoiler:
I enjoyed the twist ending, the panel where they were listed by their eventual ranks was really good.

I also really liked the composition of this frame:
Spoiler:
Attachment:
IMG_0022.PNG

Thanks Ethan. Yeah, Patrick Barb wrote a pretty full script which I drew from. There were a few places that I added panels to accentuate something or for mechanic/sequential reasons. The final script was done after the art though... a lot of the dialogue changed after the art was done which made it fun for me to read once it all came together.

For this message the author mikeyboy has received thanks: Ethan (7:42pm July 29, 2018)
PostPosted: 1:41pm July 30, 2018 

Have thanks: 1174 times
PSN Network name: Wreck36
Picked up and ready to read at the beach next week.

For this message the author Adam has received thanks: mikeyboy (7:15am August 7, 2018)